Michael G. Reed MS/MIS
I am an experienced software engineer who knows there’s no “I” in TEAM. I drive success through the key intersection of data and process, people and passion.
As Team Lead in the SaaS-Operations group, I currently develop and practice my skills at all layers in the web application stack, and advanced ETL processes. I am a key contributor in delivering consistent results in health-care data analytics and strive to satisfy my clients, both internal and external.
PointRight Inc. Cambridge, MA (Formerly LTCQ, Inc.)
Team Lead – Data Loading & Reporting in SaaS Operations 2106 – Present
Senior Software Engineer – 2008–2016
Software Engineer – 2003–2008
- Continuing my 13-year proven track record with the company as a Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer , and now as SaaS Operations Team Lead
- Created custom data-loading processes for the company’s primary source of data, MDS, using SSIS & SQL Server.
- Team Lead on several projects, mentoring junior developers, including taking on recurring analytics reports
- Migrated applications, databases, and services from physical machines to Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Offerings.
- Created several custom ETL and data analytics with roll-ups and benchmarking processes.
- Currently Planning SQL Server Migration to v2014
- Continued development of C#, .NET, and Web Services
- Deconstructed, debugged, and developed within two .NET custom web-app frameworks.
- Developed sophisticated 15 page SSRS report, with multiple datasets, complex expressions, and customized coding. Post creation, used SSIS to drive a process, automating the creations 15,000+ reports monthly.
- Lead the Scrum process that directly involved an outside Client for the first time in company history.
- Lead team to re-implement custom user feed process using .NET and Oracle.
- Developed client-server solutions using a proprietary scripting language. (UB04 Data transmission)
- Defined and developed initial custom user-feed integration process.
- Developed and debugged all products and services for company as sole resource for approximately eighteen months.
- Interfaced with clients to establish SOAP Interoperability and data submission.
- Developed solutions within custom Rules Engine platform.
- Migrated large web-application to new platform.
- Assisted company transition across government standards changes. (HIPPA , MASS201)
FatWire/Divine Burlington, MA
Applied Solutions Developer 2002 – 2003
- Developed and implemented web applications using FatWire’s Content Server content management system.
- Engaged clients with requirements gathering, functional and technical documentation, and level of effort estimates.
- Hands on experience with Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server.
- Trained client staff and performed knowledge transfer duties.
- Delivered system test plan documents: built systems and integration test cases.
- Conducted performance analysis and tuning of development, staging and production systems.
Granitar Systems, Inc Framingham, MA
Applied Solutions Developer 2000 – 2002
- Developed and implemented customized CRM KANA/Silknet application.
- Developed custom reporting for CRM client using Actuate eReporting.
- Full cycle hands on experience defining, designing, documenting and supporting CMS implementation.
- Clients included Amtrak, IBM, Datek, Kaplan, Law.com, and MusicPlayground.com.
Stone & Webster Engineering Corp. Boston, MA
Applied Solutions Developer 1999 – 2000
- Lead technical consultant for collaborative IT solution supporting a multi-million dollar contract with the United States Army.
- Other responsibilities included:
- documentation, user training, capacity planning,
- systems analysis and design,
- server administration, database administration
- project coordination.
Boston University Boston, MA
Masters in Management Information Systems 1999
University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA
Bachelors in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude 1991
Concentrations in the Physiology of Behavior, and Learning Principles
University of Leeds Leeds, England
Second Year Studies in Psychology 1990
Junior Year Abroad Studies, exchange student
MIT – CSAIL Cambridge, MA
Online Course through MIT – 20 hours 2014
Tackling the Challenges of Big Data
Team Foundation Server OnSite Training
TFS and Azure 2014
Scrum Alliance OnSite Training Center
Scrum Master Certification 2011
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Online
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2011
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2011